Monthly Archives: June 2016
If you aren’t sure what today’s Brexit vote in the United Kingdom is all about, HBO’s funnyman John Oliver sheds some light …
Here’s hoping cooler minds prevail today.
In case you were ever wondering what you were missing by NOT being a posh mum in North London’s borough of Highgate, there is a Twitter account, @HighgateMums, that pulls the lid off of the conversation amongst the ladies who brunch.
Here are just a few gems:
* “Sweetheart, I don’t blame the Art teacher for scolding you. This piece is devastatingly lacklustre.”
* “My girl’s in the lowest tier, but I’m convinced she’s being used to be an aspirational focus for her less-abled classmates.”
* “Darling, don’t scrape your chair. It makes your presence over-known.”
* “School hours are designed for the convenience of the teachers and pupils and frankly nobody else. Nobody else AT ALL.”
* “Her first words were ‘shoes’ and ‘brioche’.”
* “I know she’s mine, but she’s an appalling painter. Her use of greens is one of the few saving graces.”
Once you go Brit, you never go back.
Or so it seems for Taylor Swift. I’ve been amused this week to hear that Tom Hiddleston is the latest in her string of British boyfriends (Calvin Harris, and before him, infamously Harry Styles).
I kind of wished she had waited a heartbeat and considered dating Chris Martin, Coldplay’s front man, who seems to be smitten with American women (famously married to Gwyneth Paltrow, then seen dating Jennifer Lawrence and possibly Heather Graham). It could very well be a match made in heaven. I can see it now. She’ll giggle as he talks about the “loo” and fixes her a cup of tea (okay … maybe not in that order). He’ll love her “garage” and “aluminum foil” and meatloaf, but we may need to wait it out. He appears to be quite content with his current wildcard girlfriend Annabelle Wallis, who hails from Portugal of all places.
Give it time. I’m quite certain the stars will align and he’ll be back on the market looking for an American girlfriend, around the same time that Taylor Swift grows tired of Tom Hiddleston’s dad dancing.
I give it three months.
Impressive, Scotland. Very impressive!
Thanks to 5pm.co.uk for reminding me of what I’ve missed out on (I think Hendrick’s is the only one that I’ve tried…)