At the risk of alienating half of my readers (note: I am convinced that discussing British teeth is #18 on the list of ways to annoy the British), I feel obliged to share the latest news item.
According to a survey by the British Dental Health Foundation …
* Seven million Britons do not clean their teeth regularly
* One in seven admitted to leaving it two whole days before they picked up a toothbrush
* 21 per cent also said they forget to floss
Sacre bleu, right? But the study continues and expands into the general realm of common decency and hygiene:
* 25% forget to cover their mouth when coughing and fail to wash their hands after going to the toilet
* 7.5 million Britons also forget to shower daily
*Sighing and shaking my head* (and recognizing that a survey stateside would likely provide similar results)… What do you make of all of this?