Top 10 highlights from Paris, part une
So many things we loved in Paris. Here’s the proverbial greatest hits over the four days we spent!
1. Love padlocks on all of the Paris bridges. They really are a stunning sight. Couples buy padlocks as a symbol of their love, add their initials and lock it to the bridge! And they say romance is dead?!
2. Macarons (and their gorgeous little boxes) in Laduree. We bought the vanilla, salted caramel, pistachio, raspberry and chocolate – all delish! My daughter loved the raspberry!
Laduree also had some amazing looking desserts!
3. Shakespeare & Company. I first read about this place in some of SARK’s books (Maybe it was “Inspiration Sandwich: Stories to Inspire Our Creative Freedom”) back in college and visited for the first time on our honeymoon in 1999. I go back every time we are in Paris and am never disappointed! This time I was so happy to share it with my kids! Someone was playing amazing piano upstairs. It was much more crowded (maybe after being featured in “Before Sunset”?!) but still felt special (no photography permitted inside so these shots are all I have!).
4. Bato Bus. Speaking of “Before Sunset,” we took a Bato Bus boat on the Seine!
5. Steak frites, salad and house red at Le Relais de l’Entrecôte. I did order the medium rare, but the steak looks a bit fuchsia! Great place and a wonderful meal!
Posted on 23, April 2013, in Food, Travel and tagged Bato Bus, Before Sunset, food, French, Laduree, Le Relais de l'Entrecôte, love padlocks, macaron, Paris, Shakespeare and Company, steak frites, travel. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
Aww, you had me at padlocks and pistachio macarons! Those other desserts look like masterpieces too.