Daily Archives: 13, September 2012
And the envelope please …
Last weekend, I got a lovely surprise from Zoe from JustEnglish.me. She nominated Britrish.com for two blog awards – the Beautiful Blogger Award and One Lovely Blog.
As for the terms and conditions of such a prize, it’s as follows: “To claim the price, please publish 7 things that bloggers don’t know about you and then nominate the next 7 blogs. Inform the bloggers about the nomination.” Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
And without further ado, here are my top 7:
1. I’m an only child but have been told throughout my life that I don’t act like one.
2. I love nature but hate bugs.
3. I truly believe everyone looks better with glasses. Except me.
4. I once wrote a humor column about getting carded in America when I went to see an R rated movie. The Scottish copyeditors, who didn’t understand the ratings system in America, changed the copy to read X rated movie. Needless to say, the column didn’t read the same.
5. I was an extra on “Sister Act 2.”
6. I don’t like talking on the phone.
7. I still haven’t been to Greece. Initially the toilet-paper-in-the-basket thing kept me away but now I’ve come to believe that it’s worth going despite that. Especially Santorini.