Speaking of teeth, I have to share this little clip from “The Graham Norton Show.” He interviews Olivia Colman, who was in “The Iron Lady,” and yes, the topic of “funny English teeth” does come up.
Thanks, Lillie, for sending this!
At the risk of alienating half of my readers (note: I am convinced that discussing British teeth is #18 on the list of ways to annoy the British), I feel obliged to share the latest news item.
According to a survey by the British Dental Health Foundation …
* Seven million Britons do not clean their teeth regularly
* One in seven admitted to leaving it two whole days before they picked up a toothbrush
* 21 per cent also said they forget to floss
Sacre bleu, right? But the study continues and expands into the general realm of common decency and hygiene:
* 25% forget to cover their mouth when coughing and fail to wash their hands after going to the toilet
* 7.5 million Britons also forget to shower daily
*Sighing and shaking my head* (and recognizing that a survey stateside would likely provide similar results)… What do you make of all of this?